R1100s "rattle"

Thanks all for your comments to date.

It was my (our ?) wedding anniversary on Fri-Sat and Sunday was spent with
my head inside the PA cavity of an NEC 10kW FM transmitter.  This is my lame
excuse for <not> sodding around with the fairing.

So far:
* both front rotors are still as tight as the proverbial, both radially and
laterally.  There's a slight radial (angular) play - as to be expected.
* I'm 99% sure it's not brake pad rattle - I'm aware of <that> sound.
* Yes, fairing gets taken off every 10k kms  for a BMW shop service.  It
<may> have coincided with previous 2 services (ie 20,000 kms ago).
* The fairing and fuel (gas ... for those literally challenged!) tank are
still in 100% alignment (ie: all fairing gaps unchanged)
* Air intake "hose" (more like a moulding) feels tight when felt under, and
inside fairing.
* A long-shot could be the battery that's lost it's restraining strap

As to the "sound" - that's damn hard to explain (Where the hell is Valentino
when you need him ?).  It's NOT a metallic "clink" or a "thud" like
something with mass moving around.  More of a thump followed by a slight
"dink" rather than a thump & "clink" (OK, OK, we're not quite as 'odd' as
our Tasmanian cousins ...)

Nothing is loose/wobbly or has ever been removed from the front nacelle
assy.

So - will try and schedule a fairing "undress" next weekend and find a
"safe" (what a joke in Sydney these days!) sidestreet with a cats-eyes or
something similar to drive just the front wheel over (NOT front AND back -
doing this produces no noise.)

If I persists, I'll be forced to have another look at the new K series at
the local bike shop ...

OK 'bout there being NO allowable rear wheel movement (My thoughts also).

More later ..

Kit
R1100s
Sydney