From: Andrew Johnson
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:18 PM
Subject: Perpetual Tire Thread

At 1:25 PM -0800 12/21/06, Marco S Hyman wrote:
>Robert Silas writes:
>  > Is the tire responsible for "to stand the buke up under braking when
leaned
>  > over"???????
>
>The location and shape of the contact patch is partially responsible for
>the bike standing when brakes are applied in a turn.  When I had my RT
>the Z6 were easily my favorite handling tire in that they were the most
>neutral.  I didn't have to force the bike into a turn nor did I have
>to keep the front end from flopping over too far (something that the
>BT-020 had a tendency to do).   And, as noted, the bike would not stand
>as fast should I be foolish enough to apply lots of brakes while leaned
>over.
>
>Now that I'm on a GS I find that the tourance is almost as nice as
>the Z6 in handling, yet lasts twice as long!
>
>// marc

I've primarily had Tourances on the 1150GS. Currently running BT 020,
but haven't learned to trust them as much as I did the Tourances. My
next tires on the beast will be Metzeler Roadtec Z6, which are now
available in an R19 front... :)

- --
- - andrew, Berkeley, '00 R1150GS
- - "Moto per Mangiare, Mangiare per Moto"

- --
Checked by AVG Free Edition.