RE: Perpetual Tire Thread

> By the way, while a bike is leaned in, the leaned position is
> maintained by
> the balance between gravity and centrifugal forces. As soon the brake
> applied speed reduces, which reduce the centrifugal force, therefore
> gravity
> is not balanced any more and the bike tends to fall inwards. To avoid
> that
> fall the centrifugal force has to be increased, which is in the lack of
> speed, can only be done by the tightening of the turn.
> Just the same as it is with bicyckling and skiing.

This is obviously correct, however while no tire will exhibit an oversteer
under braking, some tires will be neurtral and a lot more will display a
serious understeer behavior under braking. Aka aggressively decrease lean
angle resulting in sudden widening of the turn for the same reasons you
explained. I guess the original poster finds the Z6 more neutral than other
tires he had used before.

Gijs.

throttlemeister <at> sport-touring <dot> eu
afterburn <at> crashdot <dot> com

http://www.sport-touring.eu
http://www.crashdot.com

R1100S "Thumper"
  _____

"Why geeks like UNIX: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more,
yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep."

- --
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:54 PM