Conventional Wisdom for Sport Touring Tires

Im a little surprised at the widespread endorsement of Metzelers Z-6 tire.
Although I liked the tire well enough to run through two sets on my R1150R,
Ive recently changed to Michelin Pilot Roads  I dont think Ill go back.
I see two issues with the Z-6: (1) because the tread grooves do not extend
to the center of the tire (rear tire only), the tires shed water poorly, and
(2) for the same reason, it is difficult to determine when the tire is
overly worn.  My tire vendor warned me of these issues prior to purchase,
but I didnt heed his advice.  The tires really let me down on a recent trip
through the Ozarks.

Im very happy with the Pilots; however, I dont have many miles on them.
Does anyone have any experience with the new Avon Storm?

- --
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:54 PM