[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Retorquing of heads.
- To: John.Veilleux@xxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Retorquing of heads.
- From: Marco S Hyman <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:29:05 -0800
- Cc: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: Message from John.Veilleux@xxxxxx of "Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:26:45 -0400." <OFF247A0CD.ADC31E2C-ON85257279.004E541A-85257279.004F5BF1@xxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
> A salesman at my local BMW dealer told me that oilheads need to have their
> heads retorqued every 10000km (6000mi). I said I never heard of that
> before. The BMW maintenance schedule only indicates a retorquing at the
> first 1000km(600mi) service. Is this true?
Is it true that the BMW maintenance schedule only indicates a retorquing
at the first 1000km(600mi) service? Yes.
Is it true that your salesman told you that oilheads need to have their
heads retorqued every 10000km (6000mi)? I believe you.
Were it me I'd pay about as much attention to a sales critter spouting
off about maintenance issues as I'd pay to a mechanic talking about sales