Fwd: oilheads-digest V4 #2

Hello everyone and thanks for your support. Mick, thanks for asking me to
ask it again.
Here's my question put another way and with a mostly original sigfile :^)

Subject: Quick disconnects

My mechanic said that the weak link of any quick disconnect system is the
O-ring due to cuts and pinching that occur from time to time during use. He
suggested I use the BMW ones instead of aftermarket ones.

His main point was that the supply of replacement O-rings for OEM quick
disconnects is as only as far away as the BMW parts counter. It makes sense
if the O-rings are really that delicate and pricey.

I am going to put some on and would like your opinions before I buy some. I
do not intend to remove the tank more than a few times each season but like
the convenience that quick disconnects offer.

Thanks for reading,
Johnny
Ottawa

2000 R1200C Avantgarde
1998 Jeep Cherokee (winter)
1994 z/28 RPO-1LE (summer)
AMA, BMWMOA, BMWMC/Ottawa, Chromeheads, The C.A.V., rider, working stiff,
somewhat cheap.