RE: oilheads-digest V4 #14

Tom Brown,

Regarding your broken rear lever . . . man, I'm glad you are OK! It's easy to think of a lot of ways to get hurt in a situation like that.

Should it have happened? Did the Wilbers contribute? I'm not an authority, but here we go . . . It seems to me that if the Wilbers had a problem that you would have noticed in normal riding. As well, it seems that lots of track guys etc would know if Wilbers had this characteristic. If teh shock did somehow become like instantanously waaay to stiff, it seems like it should bend the shock before breaking the lever. Way back in the old MX days it was not that unusual to see a bent shock. It seems that BMW should have had some interest in the broken lever. My .02.

Duke