Re: Quick Disconnects

At 05:44 PM 2/7/2007 -0500, Mark Barr wrote:
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:43:33 -0500
From: Don MacQueen <dmac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Quick disconnects
snipp, snipp

I'm doing the same thing as soon as I get a day warm enough to have
the garage open.  You'll spill some fuel doing the install.  I just
got my brass QDs in from Omega.  Very nice units, with easily
serviceable O-Rings.  Much more substantial than the BMW plastic
ones, and since the attachment tubes are barbed, they don't require
clamps.

Don,

As far as I can recall, the pressure from the fuel pump is around 35 psi for fuel injection.

I would never trust the barbed fitting without a clamp on my bike.

Hope you take another look at this application here.

Happy Trails,

Mark Barr

Mark is correct.  DO NOT TRY TO USE THE QD's WITHOUT
FI HOSE CLAMPS!
  The normal pressure on that system is 43.5psi (3bar).

Mick
Tucson