Re: brake dragging (Was: brake rotor)

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul vangogh" <levi443@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "oilheads" <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:07 PM
Subject: brake dragging (Was: brake rotor)

> Front brake will not fully release (on my '95  R850R) until I push the
> brake handle forward.
>  Hydraulic....
>

>  ?      ! ! !
>
>  ------- Paul,  "Imagine all the people living life in peace."  --John
> Lennon

Your front brake master cylinder piston is sticking. Typically it means a
new master cylinder. Some folks have had success with rebuilding instead of
replacing. Changing the brake fluid once a year usually prevents this.

If you're lucky there's something wrong with the lever pivot point, but it's
not likely.

Ted Porter
Scotts Valley, Ca.
www.BeemerShop.com

--
It has removed 9224 spam emails to date.