Re: aligning the wheels

At 04:57 PM 9/30/2007, you wrote:
Just a brief description about my experiment with my RS:
We all know (owners of early RSs) that the bike is pulling to the right. We
all load the lefthand side systemcase much more to counterbalance this
"pulling".
I built a wheel alignment jig, added double shims between the wheel hub and
the drive unit, made a 6 mm thick shim too....
Now I am machining of from the hub of the wheel to get the rim closer to the
right side, closer to the drive unit. The result is very promising but I
need more time.
I'll be out of town for the next 3 weeks but on my return I'll continue the
remedy, which I will write up in details including the alignment jig.
Bob Silas
Montreal

Bob,
  The factory spec on wheel tracking is +/- 9mm  You don't mention
what bike you are attempting to 'fix' but was it outside that range for
alignment before you started playing with it?
  I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones, my '96 R1100RT does not pull
to either side. :))

Mick
Tucson