From: Martin Lodahl [mailto:lodahl@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2011 8:39 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: It's A Gas <burp!>

On 04/15/2011 03:17 PM, microdoc wrote:
> If you haven't already, I would try sniffing around the bike to get
> some idea where the gasoline odor is strongest. That might give you a
> hint where to look for a cracked or damp hose, seal or clamp.

I had indeed done so, and it seemed to be coming from just above the
right-hand jug. That was what made me think of the QD fittings. No visible
cracks in the hoses, nor dampness anywhere.

I think the issue must have been intimidated by the august wisdom of this
body, as it now appears to have gone away. When I started it for a test ride
there was no gas smell, nor when I stopped to bring the tires up to
pressure, nor after the ride. I suspect this one will return some day.

- Martin

--
Martin Lodahl of Auburn, California
UNIX Pro, Musician, Motorcyclist