[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NOISY gear changes & other weird behavior - 2000 R1100R
- From: Robert Silas <robert.silas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:12:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: NOISY gear changes & other weird behavior - 2000 R1100R
I have '94 RS 110,000 miles, noisy when in neutral and clutch is not pulled
but stops as soon the clutch is pulled and /or it's running. It's like that
from day #1. Otherwise it's perfect.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 1:45 PM
Subject: NOISY gear changes & other weird behavior - 2000 R1100R
I recently purchased a used 2000 R1100R with 22K miles. After putting close
to 1000 miles on it, I am experiencing some weird problems and hoping
someone can shed light for me.
1. On a few occasions, when coming to a stop, the rear wheel jerked (almost
felt like it went over a rock) and then the bike stopped. It started right
up, but was an extremely disconcerting feeling. I cannot seem to remember
exactly the sequence of events - but all the times I was slowing down and
the clutch was pulled in.
2. Gear changes are becoming extremely noise, especially after riding for a
while. This is most pronounced going into first from Neutral. One time at a
stop light, I could swear that I scared a few drivers around me with the
loud grinding noise. Going to second from first is scary as well.
3. A few times at a stop light, I was in first with clutch pulled in, but
when I started to go, the bike was in neutral. One time I thought that maybe
I forgot to put it in first, but it happened again.
Any advice is appreciated.
View this message in context:
Sent from the BMW Oilheads mailing list archive at Nabble.com.