Sunday Morning Breakfast Club
Riding to Breakfast
The SMBC 2023 Schedule
- Web Page
- PDF file – suitable for printing
- E-calendar – click on this link from your phone to add ride info to your calendar
- iPhone users running iOS 13 and later can get schedule and restaurant info using an app
- Sep 28: Trip Report
- SMBCers went camping near the top of Sonora Pass last Thurs–Sunday. Nice days. Cold nights.
- Sep 26: smbc iPhone/iPad app
- A new version (2.2) of the SMBC app is in the app store. But… it’s only available to those who have updated to iOS 17. What does the new app do?
- Swipe left/right to go to next/previous ride in ride schedule. User is alerted on attempts to swipe before the first ride of the year or after the final ride of the year. Trips are skipped when swiping.
- Support landscape orientation and orientation changes
- Restore the ability to select the map style
- Click on restaurant marker to toggle look-around. Look around data is not available for all locations.
- works on iPad (but doesn’t look very good)
- Bug fix: update map location when looking at next/prev ride
- Sep 17: Riders Gallery
- Several members not seen at breakfast for quite a while made it to the Los Gatos Cafe this morning.
- Sep 13: Campout Info
- The planned Kings Canyuon campout has changed because of road closures. We’ll camp off of 108, instead. Details:
- Thursday, 21 Sep: breakfast at the Black Bear in Tracy, 8 AM. Ride 120 to 108 and (hopefully) find a camp site in either the Baker or Deadman campgrounds near Kennedy Meadows.
- Friday, 22 Sep: Body visit
- Saturday, 23 Sep: Ride someplace else. Or stay in camp
- Sunday, 24 Sep: Break camp and come home. Breakfast at Alicia’s Sugar Shack on 108 near Twain Harte.
Plan on breakfast in camp two mornings and dinner in camp three evenings.
- Aug 28: FAQ
- Added a pointer to Carl’s write up on Frank Simmons. The Frank Simmons page is here.
- Aug 27: Riders Gallery
- Fred rode his Vincent Comet to breakfast this morning.
- Aug 26: Riders Gallery
- The Saturday of the weekend before Labor Day is SMBC Boot Award day. Dinner this year was in Redwood City. See who was there. See who got the boot.
- Aug 20: Riders Gallery
- The sun broke through overcast skys as we were finishing breakfast at the Los Gatos Cafe.
Boot Dinner Reminder
5 PM Saturday (8/26) at Harry’s Hofbrau
- Aug 15: Schedule
- Schedule change. Kings Canyon is closed. We will camp near Kennedy Meadows off of SR 108 instead. Details on the mailing list.
- Aug 13: Riders Gallery
- Breakfast in Sausalito and the ride after.
- Aug 6: Riders Gallery
- Ten for breakfast at Bill’s.
- Jul 30: Riders Gallery
- Two met at Min’s