Re: New List, Cold Riding

In a message dated 11/10/2003 4:13:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< So cool to be on the new list!!
 My whole life should go so smoothly...but then I would appreciate how
seamless this was.
 Also so cool to go for a ride these days.  >>
I've been using a Widder vest and gloves for several years. A good riding
friend uses Gerbings apparel and likes it a lot. My brother in law has an Eclipse
vest and has had excellent service with it.

I've also got one of the electrified liners that RiderWearHouse sells for the
Darien jacket. Ah, it seemed like such a good idea. I think it probably does
raise the temperature inside the jacket several degrees, but it just doesn't
"feel" as warm as the other stuff. (in your house...gas heat = electric
vest...heat pump = jacket liner) I use the vest inside one of the standard liners and
stay exceedingly toasty.

Geoffrey Greene
Knoxville, Tennessee USA
'94 BMW R1100RS