[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **
- Subject: ** 2002 R1150RT -- List of recommended mods **
- From: "Doug Nelson" <doug.nelson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:07:57 -0800
I'm new to the list (two days old) and can take responses offline to save
What is the group's conventional wisdom regarding recommended mods for a
1) Suspension: Stock suspension seems fine.
Any advantage in an upgrade to
What changes in handling does it
bring to the bike?
Any other vendor recommendations?
2) Exhaust: I've had TwoBros exhaust on other bikes and
liked the improvement over stock.
TwoBros claims that "To make installation even
easier the catalytic eliminator exhaust system
includes an oxygen sensor bung to accept the fuel
injection systems oxygen sensor. There is no
need to readjust or tamper with the FI mapping.
Simply install the system and go."
Any performance problems created /
eliminated with the exhaust upgrade?
Any other favorite exhaust system
vendors? e.g. Staintune
Does this upgrade void any
3) Brake lines: On previous bikes, I've upgraded the brake lines
to stainless steel and liked the improvement over
What's the group's experience on this?
Any recommended vendors?
4) Air filter: On previous bikes, I've upgraded to K&N.
They don't seem to make one for the
Any changes in air filter that make
sense to do along with the exhaust
5) Dual plug: Is it worth the $1,500 (or so) that it will cost to
make this mod?
Thanks for any/all input you have on the subject.
SF Bay Area
End of oilheads-digest V1 #41