Re: Blasphermer!

In a message dated 1/6/04 12:52:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, wtrrtw@xxxxxxxxx
writes:
The service mgr
had a small hissy when I mentioned that I had a TFi
installed, made sure I knew I'd voided the warranty...>>

    Ask him if he has actually ever read the Magnusson-Moss Consumer Product
Warranty Act. In one decision, the FTC held:

 "The Federal Trade Commissionbs Magnusson-Moss Consumer Product Warranty Act
of 1992 prohibits compressor manufacturers from voiding their warranties
because of the addition of third party oil additives in consumer applications,
unless that equipment manufacturer proves that the lubricant harmed the
equipment. "

    The same concept applies to any and all aftermarket accessories installed
on a motor vehicle. The burden of proof is upon the manufacturer. They may
not unreasonably withold coverage absent that proof.

 Something to have in your head the next time the dealer acts like an A-hole.