Re: old design was  oilheads-digest V  1 #47

In a message dated 1/7/04 11:23:31 AM, gregt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> 'yah know, apple inc. and bmw moto both think they are really 'cool' and
> above the fray.  that's why neither one of them will ever be major players
> in their respective industries.

That captures it. I think it's a case of corporate 'sour grapes'.
Any company that does not have increased market share as a corporate goal
will sooner or later fail. I worked for GE (remember Jack Welch?) and if your
business wasn't #1 or #2 or didn't have a plan to get there, it was 'bye. My
employer, medical systems, went from a has been to #1 world market share with
$9
billion a year in sales.
Don't think for a second that BMW wouldn't emulate that if they could. Honda
is getting it right.
Bruce '94 R1100RS