Re: Hydraulic Clutch Linkage Problem

Rod,  I agree that you should start with clutch fluid flush and bleed.
But, it seems to me, if you had noises coming from the clutch housing,
there could be loose parts rattling around inside and getting pinched
between the rotating parts and the housing.

It's winter now.  Do an early spline lube and look around in there.  I
bet you find something is amiss.

The set screw at the master sounds like the one on the brake side.
Adjustment of this changes the start point of the piston travel.  If it
is adjusted too tight, the clutch would not retract when you let go of
the lever.  Too loose, and you get a lot of slop at the engagement
point.  I played with my brake one a coupe years ago, but didn't make
any improvement in the operation.

My bet is  your hydraulics are fine.  You got a loose cannon in the
clutch housing.  Don't forget to let us know the result!

Bob Hadden '98RS