RE: Ohlins shocks ... nightmare!

<<<  As I recall, the remote adjuster is the issue for why you
need to compress the spring to get things out of the way. >>>

	It would seem the "lesser" shock sans remote pre-load adjuster
would have been better for me.

<<< If you turned three turns on the preload, and it didn't make
a major change for you, I think the spring is too soft.  Maybe it
has lost its' tension (thus is defective), >>>

	Just my luck!

<<<  or maybe it was selected wrong to begin with.  But then you
would have had this sag complaint from day one. >>>

	Yeah and I really did measure everything when I got it on the
bike!

<<< My bro takes issue with the rear spring for a slightly
different reason.  If he sets it up for one up, with the preload
knob all the way loose, he does not get enough boost via the knob
for two up riding. >>>

	The damn remote is useless.

<<< This is s spring rate issue, not preload, but I do feel that
the adjusting knob system is of limited value as it is sold on
this shock. >>>

	I'm still thinking is waste. Now I'm also wondering what you
mean about spring rate ... I guess this is another compromise for
performance?

<<< I had a Yamaha with a dual rate rear spring.  You could flip
a lever to lock out the small light spring which worked very well
for boosting rear lift for two up riding.  Come to think of it,
the Yamaha had better suspension design all around than the
Beemer.  Except for the telelever bit (which I really like). >>>

	Yamaha GTS 1000. I'd own one except for the parts issue. Don't
like forks, have to have ABS. Thanks again for your feedback!