From: Minor, Bob <Bminor@xxxxxxxx>
To: <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 4:24 PM
Subject: RE: Retorquing heads etc.

> Use the head bolt nut as a guide (opposite corners are 180 degrees apart)
and mark the 90 and 189 stopping points on the head itself with a felt pen.
It's very accurate if you're careful.

> By the way, if you're trying to stop an oil leak and you have the old head
gaskets, it won't stop leaking until you replace them with the newer design.
With a '99 however, you should have the new gaskets.  Maybe it will correct
the problem, if not, complete head gasket replacement is not that tough.