Re: Running Rich

- ---  Peter J Minkow <pjminkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a '95 R1100R with Remus exhaust, 02 sensor, no cat code plug and have
> had problems running too rich. switched plugs to the recommended autolites
> and am doing better, but not great (about 38mpg). My question is about the
> beige ccp. Why did you pick that one or did your bike come with it? What mpg
> are you getting?
> Peter

The bike came with a pink ccp. Remus (or at least their distributor, MaxMoto)
recommends the beige ccp if you remove the O2 sensor. You should also add the
CO pot--the computer expects it if there's no O2 sensor.

I get crappy mileage in town (mid 20's), because the bike has loads of torque
and it's real easy to rocket ahead of traffic at lights--not the formula for
good mileage. When I ride in the mountains, I'll get in the high 30's, open
road is in the low 40's.

Pieter