Re: ABS is good

Ben,
I am with you 100%. Lately I ride to Los Angeles from Montreal to visit my daughter every spring or early summer.  Going through Las Vegas in 90-95 F deg. and there was an occasion when I was happy to have the old type ABS too.
I only activated it on dry surface, never yet on wet, I hope I won't have to.
Bob Silas

  I also have a '94 with the long unlock time (first generation ABS) and
  although it's the oldest and slowest version, I'll take it over no ABS any
  day of the week.  Now that I live in California I'm spoiled by the
  weather--when I lived in Washington D.C. and Delaware, ABS was a handy
  thing.  I specifically recall ABS saving my bacon on a cold, rainy D.C.
  day--I watched one car slide across the beltway and hit another car, and
  then it was a full-on pile-up with cars flying every which way.  My bike and
  I came out unscathed, and I was able to pull over and assist one of the
  wounded.
  While some riders may feel that it's not necessary, it's like having a
  compass when you're hiking--you may never need or use it until that one
  time, and that's when you'll wish you had it.

  Even here in the land of milk and honey, I'm happy to ride a bike with ABS.

  Ben
  '94 R1100RSL
  '75 R75+/6