Throttle Bodies

Karl,

Thanks for the link, which explains details I hadn't known about the weakness
of these parts.

I just replaced the second of two throttle bodies (under warranty - which
lapses in another 1,000 miles) on my '02 Roadster.   The right was replaced at
30,000 miles, when the dealer's two BMW mechanics agreed it was rare for the
left side to need replacement and that I shouldn't worry about it.  Four
months and five thousand miles later, the left was also replaced.  (I'd asked
them to keep their eye open for any little defects before my odometer flipped
past thirty-six thou; they did a good job!)

Fred