Re: Synchin TB and now popping?

Thanks to Jim in FL, mentioning my major flaw in the previous post  -
it's a 1999 R1100RT.  I just put the Vac gages back on an one had hardly
any vacuum and the other about 8 inches?    The bike was popping almost
like a backfire.  I loosened all the cables and hooked up the gages
again and got it spot on and slowly tightened up all the cables.  The
bike seems to be running good right now, however I haven't taken it for
a spin around the block.  The idle is about 750 so I'll need to raise
that up a bit.  I also just removed the gas cannister and left the lines
from one carb to the other hooked up which shouldn't make any difference
in normal operation (I don't think).  I'll see how it runs later after
it cools off a bit.

Thanks for the help and comments,

Brian Diver
Everett, WA