RE: oilheads-digest V2 #65

> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:45:31 -0500
> From: Bob Hadden <kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: New Shocks for R1100RS
>
> Also available are Wilburs and Works.  Both should be good.  Perhaps
> slightly less expensive than the Ohlins.  The works are also
> US made, I
> think.  Might be better for communicating your special needs
> for spring
> sizing etc.
>
> Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27

I've got Wilburs on my R1100RT and I had a WORKS shock on the K100RT. The Wilburs are vastly superior in every way. The materials and workmanship are really first class.
The WORKS shock was oversprung and underdamped. Two trips back to WORKS failed to remedy its poor performance. Maybe my experience was atypical, but there it is.

Cheers,

Bob Covey
Thousand Oaks CA
'96 R1100RT