mounting head protectors on R1100

On  Sat, 28 May 2005 13:22:56 -0400
"Steve Makohin" wrote

Talk to some folks to have actually laid their bike down and made use of
these "protectors". My possibly incorrect understanding is that the metal
head covers got gouged as well as the plastic protectors, so when it came to
restoring the bike to pristine condition, the cost was higher than just
replacing the head covers. I suggest you verify this with a few people who
have actual "dump" experience with jug protectors.

- - -Steve Makohin
  '01 R1100S/ABS
  Oakville, Ontario, Canada

I concur with that opinion. I finally chucked mine after they shattered on a
tip-over in cold weather. The head covers still got marked up. JMHO.

Conrad Long
'94 R11RSA
Fraser, CO, USA