From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Clive Liddell
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 2:56 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RTP

Fritz,
No-one addressed your brake light problem :)   BTW welcome to this list.

If you lie down and look under the foot brake pedal you will clearly see
the contact arrangement which is activated by the adjustable screw and
locknut. I suspect this may be No 1 cause of your problem.

If not, take a phillips screwdriver and remove the one countersunk screw
holding a cover over the inboard side of the front brake.  With a bit of
manoevering(sp) it will come off and reveal a tiny microswitch.  As you
start to pull the brake lever you should hear a small click and you can
also see it's action.

Take great care if you ever want to R&R the front microswitch - the
holding screws must be around 1 or 2 mm dia and I think they have been
loctited and they twist off easily (DAMHIK).

Oh, yes, I have the Factory Manual as well as the "Oilhead" Haynes and
have found that they correspond to one another fairly well...

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
'96 R850R ~79k.km