Re: Introduction

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:21:17 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just subscribed yesterday, and I wanted to say "hello".
>
>"hello"
>
>So, that's off my chest.
>
>I feel a bit here in the camp of the enemy ;-), because at heart I'm
>an Airhead. Alas, I brought my trusty old '88 R80RT to the grave this
>week because a valve crashed the engine beyond economical repair, and
>at the moment I have neither time nor the space to pick the engine
>apart myself, so I traded her for an '99 R1100RT I'm about to pick up.

Condolences on the loss of your airhead.

>Sorry to say so, folks, but the test ride on the R1100RT was nice,
>comfortable, it's nice to toy with an electric windscreen, but
>somewhere the big fun factor of the old airheads is missing. However,
>there's a lot on the bike to make up for it, and as I get to know it
>better I will probably appreciate it more (and maybe it was a dumb
>move to rent an R1200GS first ;-)).

I has an R80ST for 16 years and I sold it 6+ years ago to buy an
R1100R, which I traded for an R1100S back in May.

Airheads have a personality that oilheads will never have; It's
difficult to describe.  They are simple and elegant, unencumbered with
technology.  Oilheads are very noce and have great features, but I
wonder what they will be like when they are 20, 30, or 40 years old.

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne
Chalfont, PA
2004 BMW R1100SA (2ZARS)