Flicker Charge light becomes constant light

The bike is a 2002 R1150R with 21K miles on it.

Over the weekend while riding in death valley on a very bumpy road my
charge light started flicker at me. A bump would cause it to come
on  or off as I was riding. After getting clear of that road and back
on a smooth road the charge light went back off. After getting back
to the Bay area, last night on the way home it came on and stayed on.
This morning when starting up the bike it stayed on even after taking
the RPM's up.

At first I thought i might have a lose wire due to the bumps but with
it staying on am I looking at an alternator problem?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

gregory

2002 R1150r
BMWMOA # 117910