Re: Autolite 3923 washer

In a message dated 11/10/05 7:21:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oilheads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I follow the the Clymer manual  specification of finger tight then 1/2 turn
for new plugs and 1/4 turn when  reusing a compression washer on a used
plug - that's twice your  recommendation Tom - 100% is a big difference. Am I
overtightening and  running the risk of damaging the threads in the heads?>>

Yes, by a large margin. The anti-seize is lubricating the threads  and
masking the fact that you are pulling the threads out of the head. I bet you  can't
thread a NEW plug all the way into the seat with your fingers anymore, can
you?

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com