Re: valve adjustment - feeler friction

In a message dated 11/11/2005 11:06:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sundiaL@xxxxxxx writes:
but I'm in the middle of my first valve
>adjustment and am wondering about how much friction there should be
>on the feeler gauge.

You might wish to try the "Go - No go" method. When you think you have the
correct gap, try inserting the next larger feeler gauge. If it can be inserted
with relative ease, you may want to tighten the adjustment a bit.
This method can be further refined by also utilizing the next smaller feeler
gauge. Now with three sequentially sized feeler gauges, you should be able to
establish a gap where the thinnest feeler gauge is too loose, the thickest one
is too tight, and the middle one is just right.
Hope this helps.
Gary Prickett
Misison Viejo, CA