  From: Steve Makohin
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Cc: Robert Brown
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 8:27 AM
  Subject: Re: How to make your EVO (powered) brakes less grabby (was "Re: ABS:)

  Hello Skipper,

  From: "Robert Brown" <sk.brown@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  > The point I was trying to make is that maybe you are an exception - human
  > nature will have most people braking the same way ALL the time.  Whatever
  > technique you use commuting, traveling, etc is what you will use in the
  > "panic" situation...
  [...]

  I have no data to support or to refute your assertion, but I must be an
  exception. Since I received performance training, I use two fingers to
  brake. Yet every time I have been surprised and had to grab and handful of
  brake, I use four fingers. I speculate that my "instinct" is to grab the
  brake lever with full force, while my consciously "decided action" in a
  non-emergency braking situation is to use two fingers.

  -Steve Makohin
   '01 R1100S/ABS
   Oakville, Ontario, Canada