How long has your BMW lasted without serious issues?

Hello all,

I have seen a number of threads recently about issues with BMW bikes, and an
import point was brought up: People without issues may not have a voice
because they are not talking about it. I suggest we give interested list
members an idea of the *good* news that is typically not heard. Consider
replying to this thread with the following info:

  Year and Model of bike (e.g., 2000 R1100S):
  Miles ridden by current owner (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
  Total miles ridden, all owners (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
  List of major issues:
    -
    -
    -
  List of minor issues:
    -
    -
    -

IMPORTANT NOTES:
(1) Folks with lots of issues and gripes (i.e., NOT good news), please DO
NOT join this thread. Good news only.
(2) One bike per posting
(3) BMW bikes only
(4) I have posted this message to IBMWR and the Oilheads list. Consider
cross-posting, but please do NOT reply to me personally.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario