  From: Steve Makohin
  To: IBMWR List ; Oilheads List
  Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 2:04 PM
  Subject: How long has your BMW lasted without serious issues?

  Hello all,

  I have seen a number of threads recently about issues with BMW bikes, and an
  import point was brought up: People without issues may not have a voice
  because they are not talking about it. I suggest we give interested list
  members an idea of the *good* news that is typically not heard. Consider
  replying to this thread with the following info:

    Year and Model of bike (e.g., 2000 R1100S):
    Miles ridden by current owner (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
    Total miles ridden, all owners (convert km to miles, x 0.62):
    List of major issues:
      -
      -
      -
    List of minor issues:
      -
      -
      -

  IMPORTANT NOTES:
  (1) Folks with lots of issues and gripes (i.e., NOT good news), please DO
  NOT join this thread. Good news only.
  (2) One bike per posting
  (3) BMW bikes only
  (4) I have posted this message to IBMWR and the Oilheads list. Consider
  cross-posting, but please do NOT reply to me personally.

  -Steve Makohin
   '01 R1100S/ABS
   Oakville, Ontario