Re: Outlast

Hi Tom,

 > A two piece rainsuit beats inner liners most of the time for me.  When it

I used to think the same thing, but wanted the waterproofing to be part
of my outer layer, e.g. the Darien Jacket.  However, when it came time
to replace my Darien Jacket I went with a Rev'It Cayenne jacket which
has a removable inner waterproof lining in addition to a removable
insulated lining.   The waterproof lining works.   It also helps block
the wind.   So far the jacket has been great.  The coldest I've used it
is mid 30s in the rain (with a heated liner at about 25%). I was nice
and toasty.

The reason I went with the Rev'It was the presence of some waterproof
external pockets and what I suspect will be better summer performance
(with the two liners removed) than the Darien.  Oh, it also fit me better
(was more comfortable) than any other jacket I tried.  It will be my
"road trip" jacket, plus the jacket of choice for wet or hot days around
town.  Other times I'll slip into my 'stitch.

// marc