Re: Front shock replacement on R1150R.

 > BTW, the Wilbers front shock makes my 02 with 24K miles ride like a new
 > bike, maybe better than new. The OEM shock must have been really sacked.
 > The rear still seems OK but I may replace it just to see if there is an
 > improvement.

The suspension guy I was listening too last weekend was asked how often
shocks need work.   His advise: every 20K.   Apparently the oil gets
pretty skanky and the valves get covered in the detritus of internal
seals, etc.  Taking them apart, cleaning them, and assembling with new
oil/gas/anything else needed will make them just like new.

Assuming they are rebuildable, of course.

This validates my desire to wait a bit before going to after market
shocks.   I've got less than 8K on the current shocks.

// marc