Re: cylinder studs: torque or length?

 > While under controlled conditions, brand new parts, and known amounts
 > of oil on the threads (none, I suppose), The Factory is right to use
 > the plus degrees approach. But I found that there is so much
 > variability in setting the initial low torque that it is really risky
 > to blindly go a fixed number of degrees more. Oiled threads and a

And how is blindly setting the torque to some larger number any different?
If you don't trust your torque wrench at the low torque, why should you
trust it at the higher torque?

And this has nothing to do with the original question which was about
how tight the *studs* should be.  Is there a spec on stud torque?

// marc