Re: Highway pegs

Hello Nahum,

From: <abbot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I've increased the tank volume on my 1100R so that along with an auxiliary
> tank the bike can go 500 plus kilometers without the need to refuel. The
> problem is my knees can't; at about 300k the ache is quite painful, I need
> to be able to stretch them out, to change position. I used to use the
> cylinder heads but the expanded tank now leaves me little room for that.
> I'm considering ELF pegs or anything else recommended by the collectivity;
> suggestions (be kind please) ideas, comments?

I don't know where in the web I saw them, but they are folding footpegs that
replace the plastic spark-plug covers on an R1100 bike. When closed, they
look just like spark plug covers. When open, they become footpegs. Sorry I
can't remember more details.

FYI, bio-breaks may necessitate stops before your fuel supply runs dry.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada