RE: Windshield Add-Ons

Mark,
To add a thought to Tom's good info:

On my '96 R I was getting a lot of buffeting from the standard screen.
After some experimenting I found that dropping the rear of the screen (by
shortening the two rear supports by ~33mm) gave me a smoother airflow off
the screen eliminating the buffeting.  As Tom writes the edge of wind
contact is now  at just below neck level.  In this regard note that my seat
is at the top position with a firm filler cushion levelling the excessive
hollow in the seat - a very comfortable riding position BTW.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
'96 R850R ~81k.km