Re: The Low-Down on Bike ABS, Linked and EVO Brakes

Hello John,

From: "John Dancoe" <jdan@xxxxxxxx>

> Nice write-up. I'm gratified your description of "when ABS doesn't shine"
> described the effect I experienced perfectly, and agreed completely with
> my
> theory of the cause; maybe my diatribes provided source material for that
> section?
>
> At any rate, the R1200S looks better and better to me all the time--in
> part
> because it has an ABS switch.

Thank you. You were one of several sources of "inspiration" for parts for
this article :-)

I like bike ABS. It provides a BIG net gain in virtually all cases. But when
the individual spends a fair bit of time riding in those cases where ABS can
be detrimental (i.e., the very small minority), it's important to note that
rather than ignoring it.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada.