Re: The Low-Down on Bike ABS, Linked and EVO Brakes

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Makohin" <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> whizzys.
>
> I suggest that interested folks try the new whizzy brakes for themselves.
> Don't hate them because they feel different. Ask yourself if, after a
> little getting used to, are they good brakes? I believe you'll conclude,
> no, they are not good. They're *really* good:-)
>
> -Steve Makohin
> '01 R1100S/ABS
> Oakville, Ontario, Canada

SNIP
  I agree with Steve.
I came off of a  1996 R1100RS ABS which I truly enjoyed.
BUT...I have the whizzy brakes on the new bike and there is no comparison.
The brakes are linked but I have the option of using the rear brake only
which I like. I don't know if I would like the  totally linked brakes.
Each to their own but try them first before condemning them.

Bill Kenney
Foster,RI
02K1200RS