'96 R1100RSL

Friends,
I've been riding BMW since 1973, am a member of the Airheads Club (7708)
and BMWMOA (42973).  I currently ride an '84 R80RT.
I'm contemplating the purchase of my first Oilhead, a '96 R1100RSL w/55k
miles on her.  Are there any points in particular that I should watch
out for?
The seller has had the 54k service done by BMW and was told to replace
the "throttle body" and cable because "it was hard to sync".  How
expensive/necessary is this; let's presume the dealer was able to sync
the two sides at this service:  would replacing these parts be
preventive maintenance?

Since I'm a newbie where Oilheads are concerned I'd appreciate any help,
advice and suggestions.  Please feel free to ping me off-list.
TIA,
Murali Levine

- --
Kali Music Repair Service