From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Linda & Steve Berto
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:04 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Wiring Diagram needed for blown fuse / electrical problem

Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram for a 2002 R1150R?  I need
the
diagram that includes the #1 fuse 4 amp Fuse circuit which includes the
instrument cluster, indicator damping and brake light.
I keep blowing that fuse.  I was happening a month or so ago and I
thought I
had fixed it when I found that the rear brake light switch was stuck
keeping
the brake light on all the time, but it started happening again and it
doesn't
appear that this is the problem.
The only other reasons I can think that is causing it would be that I
had
installed handlebar risers years ago and that they might have been
putting
tension on some of the wiring and finally one of the wires has shorted
out. Or
that a few months ago during high winds my bike fell over when it was
parked
and possibly some battery acid spilled out on the wiring harness that
may run
under the tank.  Unfortunately I don't have a garage, I keep my bike in
our
apartment complex's outside parking lot so it isn't easy for me to work
on
it.
If I can't get it resolved myself and have to take it to the dealer does
anyone know if Morton's in Spotsylvania, Va have a tech who is really
good at
electrical systems?  I dread taking it to the dealer to have them locate
the
problem and end up paying an arm and a leg and they just end up
replacing
everything they can think of that might be causing the problem.
Also, besides not having a brake light, does anyone know if it would
harm the
bike to ride it without this fuse installed?  When the fuse blows and I
slow
down and put on the brakes the low battery light on the dash lights up
but
goes off when I speed up and release the brake lever, so I don't want to
be
running down the battery.
I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Steve Berto
2002 R1150R
Annandale, Va
s.l.berto@xxxxxxxxx