Windshied coating cracking / and BMW brake pads

I have a 2002 R1150R with the Touring windshield and there appears to be a
coating of some kind on the back side of the windshield.
Recently I have noticed that the coating appears to be cracking and it is not
as clear as it use to be.  I was able to take some metal polish and rub the
coating away but it is a lot of work.
Has anyone had this kind of problem and have a solution to return the
windshield so it is clear again?

Also, I had my front brake pads replaced on Saturday and I was presented with
a bill of $189.00 just for the pads themselves!  I know it has been awhile
since I have replaced pads on a BMW and it was a R1100R but I think they were
only about half as much.   How much are BMW replacement brake pads for the
front only?
After I inquired about the price the service manager said they also have EBC
pads which were about $100 cheaper but he said they didn't last as long, made
noise, etc.  He said if it was him and it was the back brakes he would replace
them with EBC pads, but he wouldn't put them on the front.  Was he just trying
to put on over on me?

Steve Berto
s.l.berto@xxxxxxx
2002 R1150R