Re: change of subject

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Makohin" <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hello Ted,

Thanks for your comments Steve.

I was responding to Tom Cutter's comments at the top of this message stating
his opinion that you have little control over your body during a crash, I
stated that I was in complete agreement with him and shared my experience. I
also agree with his secondary comments and your comments above regarding
giving it up too soon. I'll bet most of us have had moments like those in
the early years of our riding experience. I can remember a few of those back
in the 1970's on weekend rides through the National forests of West
Virginia. There were some close ones that probably weren't really close
ones, but back then I was still learning the limits, and how to trust my
tires. Some of those roads are twisty forever and fatigue can set in after a
while too.

My crash in 2004 was due to excessive speed for the road conditions, a crest
at the apex of the turn, and a hidden closing radius of the turn. I thought
I had picked a good line, but when the corner closed down on me, there just
wasn't any ground clearance left to adjust my line due to my rate of speed.
The crash video shows quite a few sparks from the bike before I laid it
down. The crest at the apex caused an unloading of the suspension which
didn't help.

Ted Porter
Scotts Valley, Ca.
www.BeemerShop.com