Hit a bump, R1100RS won't run

'01 R1100RS, ~51K miles. The shocks need replacing and I haven't gotten to this, so the ride is harsh on bumpy roads. I hit a large pothole, hard, at 20 MPH. Both the temp. and fuel gauges on the RID immediately maxxed out at full bars and the engine died. Couldn't restart it, and had to push it home (fortunately only about a mile).

When I turn the ignition key to on, I don't hear any short mechanical buzzing (which is the fuel pump, right?), and the RID maxxes out the temp. and fuel (clock still displays correct time). Starter, headlight/turn signals and warning lights all continue to function.

Any ideas on where to begin looking?

--
Craig                     '83 R80
http://cls.pyrrho.net     '01 R1100RS