Re: oilheads-digest V4 #95

Re-orientation of the disk is not recommended, as far as I know.
The lower part of the disk's pattern is leading in a forward rotation.
Bob Silas

>Dan,

I rode mine for years and tens of thousands of miles after I first noticed
the
rattling. I finally changed them around 88K miles. I don't recommend waiting
that long.  A couple of the pins came out in pieces, but the carriers and
disks weren't damaged. See the three articles at
http://ibmwr.org/ktech.shtml
, especially Mick's suggestion to re-orient the disk. Changing rollers is
easy
to do with the wheel off the bike and doesn't take very long, either. There
was a noticable improvement in brake feel, but no change in brake
performance
that I could detect.

Cheers,

>Bob Covey