1966 BMW R69S Restoration: August 1999 [page 2]
1999 August 27 (Friday)
I was still waiting for a source of wheel thrust sleeves which I thought I had to have to re-build the wheels. The thrust sleeves wouldn’t actually be needed until I put the wheels back on the bike. The goal was to get a rolling chassis sooner rather than later. In the mean while I was working on other things.
It took several tries to get the horn and light high/low switch mounted without the horn contact stuck on. I used a multi-meter to check for continuity and proper operation.
Headlight bucket wiring
After getting the horn switch mounted properly I routed the cables (including the speedo cable) into the headlight bucket and started wiring things up. I used my notes from an earlier disassembly to make sure things were wired correctly.
I removed the headlight circuit board from the reflector/lens and wired it to the headlight bucket. There were no left-over wires which is always a good sign. A multi-meter shows no short circuits, either.
The last step was to put the headlight circuit board back in the reflector and install the reflector and lens on the headlight bucket.